Monday, September 24, 2012

Summer Trip to Spokane Part 1

One day after returning from the beach, the kids and I flew to Spokane. They were surprisingly good on the flight! Lucas kept saying he had to go to the bathroom so bad, which is weird behavior for him. I finally figured out that he just loved walking down the aisle while the plane was flying! I think he went 4-5 times!! Lincoln slept a little bit on each flight. Kaitlin fell asleep during one of our landings!  On our first flight, as we stood up to deplane, a few people said, "Oh, I had no idea there were kids in your row!"  That was quite the compliment!
We spent the first couple of days at my grandparents lake cabin.  Lincoln loved the little pillows!!
Notice his teeth-7-still missing a top middle tooth!  Lincoln is 11 months old.
When we first got to the cabin, it was rainy!  My mom got Lucas a wet suit, so he still braved the water and enjoyed jumping in.
Kaitlin decided to jump in too, but the water was so cold it took her breath away and I had to fish her out!  I didn't think the wet suit made much of a difference, but apparently it does.  She recovered quickly.
We took a boat ride to Harrison for dinner, ice cream, and some time at the park.
My beautiful little diva.
Lucas, ready to tube...behind the paddle boat.
Learning to fish from Cousin Leslie
Ready to go tubing!  The kids were scared, so I went first to show them how fun it was.  We didn't have the right rope.  We tied the ski rope to the tube rope, and the handles drug in the water, spraying directly into my eyes!  Boy, fun!!!  Each kid tried it, but neither one enjoyed it.
My Aunt Gail made Lincoln a birthday quilt.  He sure loved it!!
Ha ha ha!!
He really put on a great show!
Kaitlin and Lucas got birthday presents too!  Aunt Gail gave Kaitlin a Cinderella doll, and Lucas got a cool remote control car.

Cinderella, Great-Grandma Joan, and Kaitlin
Two kiddos hanging out on the dock.
Cousin Leslie painted this for Kaitlin!
Dressed in our 4th of July gear!
We put on our own fireworks show before multiple neighbors shot off thousands of dollars of fireworks.
Kaitlin and Lincoln couldn't stay up for the big fireworks.  Kaitlin was begging to be put to bed!  Lucas and I watched the fireworks for a bit, then we went inside where it was warmer.  We cuddled on the couch and ate popcorn.  He said he didn't even want to watch the fireworks-he just wanted to talk to me.
Eeek, slug!
Ahhhh, best friends!
"Why can't I move my body??"
Skipping rocks
We had a lot of fun at the lake cabin.  I have lots of good memories there!  More Spokane pics coming up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like so much fun! lincoln has some great faces! i loved the picture of the moon over the water! great job! and lucas is so cute wanting to talk to you more than he wanted to watch the fireworks! what a sweet kid!