Tuesday, July 2, 2013

End of 2nd Grade

Well, I've missed a whole school year!  Lucas had a great 2nd grade year with Mrs. Dykstra.  He continues to love school.  He's a great reader and a fast finisher.  He'll tell you the roughest thing for him is handwriting!  He made lots of new, good friends.  For at least half the year, he was a four-square king.  In first grade, he ate a peanut butter sandwich.  In second grade, he ate a turkey sandwich everyday!  Some of his favorite books this year were Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Castle in the Attic, and The Boxcar Children.

Lunch with a Loved One
 Goofballs - Owen, Lucas, Kasey, and Connor
 Owen, Lucas, Kasey, and Payton
 End-of-the-Year Party
  Kasey, Lucas, Connor, Kai, and Owen
 Lucas played soccer this year and began Tae Kwon Do lessons with Master Grosso.
Can't believe Lucas will be in 3rd grade!!!  We're proud of him for being such a wonderful student and the growth he has made this year!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! you're back! I haven't checked in a while because I thought you gave up! :) I love that Lucas can eat the same thing everyday! lol! makes it easier on you guess! :) I'm glad he enjoyed 2nd grade. I really liked the boxcar children when I was a kid too. I wanted to run away and live in a boxcar! :)